Fields of Research (FoR)Machine learning, Artificial intelligence, Space sciences
Dr Saleem is a Research Associate at University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra Space, Australian Defence Force Academy. The role leads towards interfacing Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning and space technology with an aim of a secure and sustainable structure for Australian and global space sector. It is focused on intelligence-based approaches for space domain awareness (SDA), making a strong impact on Australia's international...view more
Dr Saleem is a Research Associate at University of New South Wales (UNSW) Canberra Space, Australian Defence Force Academy. The role leads towards interfacing Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning and space technology with an aim of a secure and sustainable structure for Australian and global space sector. It is focused on intelligence-based approaches for space domain awareness (SDA), making a strong impact on Australia's international SDA credentials.
Previously, Dr Saleem has worked as a full time Doctoral Researcher at the school of Engineering, College of Engineering & Computer Sciences, The Australian National University. Her major research interests were machine learning for radio resource management, physical layer security, internet of things, intelligent reflecting surfaces and 6G communication. She received her B.Sc. (Honours) and M.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan in 2012 and 2016, respectively. Moreover, she has served as a Lecturer in the Department of Electrical Engineering, University of The Punjab as well as University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan. During her PhD program she also worked as an academic tutor and student leadership team member. She has over a nine years’ experience of lecturing and supervising undergraduate and postgraduate students. In addition, she was the Advisor Woman in Engineering, IEEE Punjab University Student Branch and has been awarded by a Gold Pin for organizing the international IEEE ComSoc Summer School program in 2016. She is an active member of IEEE, IEEE Women in Engineering, IEEE Young Professionals, Women in STEM, and Women in Space. Also, she is an Associate Fellow of Higher Education Academy.
PhD Engineering and Computer Sciences - Australian National University, Jan. 2023
- Student Speaker at Australian National University Conferral of Awards, July 2023.
- UNSW Canberra Space awarded with Academic Research Team of the Year at Australian Space Awards, May 2023.
- Awarded with the Best Early Career Researcher Presentation and prize money at Australian Space Research Conference, September 2022.
- Awarded Student Leadership Team Scholarship for the term 2021 by Australian National University (ANU).
- Won the Virtual NetHack at IEEE Region 10 SYWLC Virtual Congress 2020.
- Won 2nd position and prize money for annual 3 minute speak up competition at ANU in 2018.
- Awarded ANU PhD Scholarship (International) and ANU HDR Fee Merit Scholarship by ANU in 2018.
- Awarded Gold Lapel Pin from IEEE ComSoc in appreciation for managing an International IEEE ComSoc Summer School Program in July 2016.
My Research Activities
For my research publications please visit the google scholar profile at Rabbia Saleem
My Research Supervision
I would be keen to supervise highly motivated HDR students having a background knowledge of Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) application. My expertise falls into the following research problems:
- Space Domain Awareness
- Physical Layer Wireless Communication
- Intelligent Reflecting Surfaces
- Terahertz Communication, 6G
- Internet of Everything
P.S. Shoot me an email with your resume and interest. Also, pitch one good reason for undertaking research.
ZEIT8011- Space Systems Technology, Semester 2 (Course Convener)
ZEIT8219- Satellite Communications, Semester 1
ZEIT8007- Space Operations, Semester 1